At DARA we work with you around the issues that affect your life adversely. We believe that when the underlying issues are being dealt with, the desire to use drugs or alcohol will lessen. Drugs or alcohol are not usually the problem, but are misused as a temporary answer.
Offering cutting edge addiction treatment at the most serene and luxurious settings imaginable, DARA is the leading international destination for drug and alcohol rehabilitation and recovery in Asia.
DARA provides professional, private, world-class treatment programs at our flagship location on the Thai tropical island paradise of Koh Chang.
- DARA is Asia’s first drug and alcohol rehabilitation center for English speaking clients.
- DARA enjoys an average completion rate of 92 percent, ranking us among the best rehabilitation centers in the world. The average rehabilitation completion rate is under 50 percent.
- DARA is one of the world’s most cost effective luxury rehabilitation solutions. We believe everyone should have access to affordable and effective rehabilitation. Offering equivalent, or better, treatment to programs easily charging 10 times our rates, many people find it more affordable to fly to Thailand than to undertake rehabilitation in their own country.
- DARA is safe, private and confidential. No record of our client’s treatment is on file with third parties. All our staff is bound by non-disclosure agreements, keeping the decision to tell others firmly in our client’s hands.
- DARA allow clients to overcome substance abuse in a tranquil environment, far away from the temptations of their everyday life. Located at a popular tourist destination, many of our clients simply return home rejuvenated from their ‘holiday’ in Thailand.
- DARA understands that managing stress is critical to any successful rehabilitation. After all, stress is frequently a catalyst for substance abuse. From our tranquil settings to group activities, our programs allow our clients to relax so they can make clear decisions about the direction they want their lives to take.
- DARA adapts the best treatments in the world to help our client’s recover – we do not believe one-size-fits-all. Our innovative approach treats each person as a unique individual, tailoring a personalized recovery program that develops both mind and body.
- DARA intensive programs look at the whole person not just the addiction, arming them with skills to continue their recovery in the real world.
Most Cost Effective Center in the World
To the best of our knowledge we are the most cost effective center in the world. We believe everyone should have a chance at world class drug or alcohol treatment and have structured our program such. At DARA you will receive equivalent, or better, treatment to programs easily charging 10 times our rates.
South East Asia’s first and most effective residential rehab
We have been operating longer then any other center in Thailand, and can draw on the most professional and highly trained counselors working in the region today. We have helped hundreds of clients from over 50 countries.
Asia’s only non-12 step treatment center.
DARA – Drug and Alcohol Rehab Asia is a non-12 step center. However, we do acknowledge the benefits of the fellowship for some people and will work with you towards your goals.
Medical Check-up and Observation
We are partners with Bangkok Hospital-Trat, a JCI and The European Aeromedical Institute accredited hospital.
Medical detoxification can be facilitated as part of your program; you will, however, be responsible for the fees directly to the hospital. This process is still substantially less expensive in Thailand then in Western Countries.
Professional Rehab Staff
The most highly experienced and qualified Western therapeutic staff working in South East Asia.
Rehab Aftercare Planning
We have a large network of aftercare specialists around the world that we regularly work with. If you come from an area where we cannot locate a suitable therapist, we know several counselors who specialize working on the telephone and via videoconferencing. Your aftercare will be arranged prior to your departure.
Personalized Rehabilitation Treatment Designed To Your Needs
Our therapists are experts in different aspects of addiction and mental health. We can choose the right therapist for your immediate needs.
Respect and Flexibility
This is your rehabilitation programme, and we fully understand that some of our clients need to maintain connectivity and productivity while undergoing rehabilitation. There are no restrictions on mobile phone or internet use during non-course hours. Bring your laptop and use the WiFi, or use computers provided for you at the center.
High Rehab Completion Rate
92% course completion rate
Private and Confidential Rehab
No record of your treatment on file with your government, insurance company, employer, school, etc. Unless you tell someone, no one will ever know about your treatment from us.
- If you are a high profile individual in your country, it is very unlikely you will be recognized here
- Extra security measures are available to ensure your safety and privacy if necessary.
Private transfer to and from the airport
We will help you find better answers which will benefit you throughout your life. We cannot wave a magic wand and cure you, but you can develop cognitive skills which will help you to stay addiction free and enjoy life.
A Different Approach
We do not recognize or acknowledge drug addiction or alcoholism as a disease but, rather, as a socially learned coping mechanism; a way of dealing with other things. If you are reading this, then you will have realized that it is not a good way of dealing with your problems and are looking for a better way. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a better way to get back to living your life without the millstone of addiction.
25+ (Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis)
Rehab Course Duration
The complete drug and alcohol rehab program is 4 weeks. This is the minimum time we recommend. However, we will accept clients for a shorter period under special circumstances.
We also offer programs of six, eight, or even twelve weeks. If you come from most Western countries, you do not require a visa for the 28 day program. For the longer programs, we will arrange for you to get your visa renewed at the most accessible border crossing. You will be accompanied by a member of staff. We will advise you on visa requirements based on your country of citizenship during your initial free consultation.